2009-07-21

Take a Deep Breath, Close Your Eyes....

and jump right in. To Linux, that is, via the Ubuntu distro.

I began the process today by downloading 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope (and how could I resist, with a name like that?) and a few tools and utilities I think I will need. I signed up at the Ubuntu forums and began reading up on my new operating system.

I've given this Linux "thing" a try a few times, but I never really had a decent, full-time use computer to put it on. I do now and the hard drive should arrive in the next week or so. Then I can begin the installation (and learning) process.

I am sure I am going to have more from-scratch starts with this than I would hope, but that is all part of the process of getting to the "Jedi master" level of a new operating system. It has been a while since I took a new OS seriously - it was Windows XP - and I hope my foo is strong.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment