2009-08-07

Sailing the Ubuntu Sea

I finally finished converting my music files. It looks like some tracks may not have come through the conversion process, but I think I am going to re-check what has been loaded into the database anyway. It took a most of this afternoon (and I may have to manually kill and restart a process at each reboot, at least for now), but I finally have music playing through Rhythmbox (an iTunes-like application).

Installing the printer was easy - I think that was aided by the fact that it has a dedicated IP address all its own. Now I just have to replace the black toner cartridge.

So, what do we have at this point?
  • Browser: Firefox v3.0.13 and all extensions
  • E-Mail: Thunderbird v2.0.0.22 and all extensions
  • Office Suite: OpenOffice.org v3.0.1 - includes spreadsheet and word processor
  • Music Organization & Playback: Rhythmbox v0.12.0
  • Printing: Xerox 6110 color laser printer
What remains? Music composition software: There are a couple currently in the running:
  • GNU Denemo
  • MuseScore
  • NtEd
Once I have that last piece in place, I'll have the full system running.

No comments:

Post a Comment